Approx $100 Billion of the Economic Stimulus Package are directed towards Greening the US Economy
- $18 billion for clean water, flood control and environmental restoration and $8.4 billion for transit, and $8 billion for high-speed rail.
- $4.5 billion to make federal office buildings more energy-efficient.
- $30 billion for a smart power grid, advanced battery technology and other energy efficiency measures.
- $20 billion in tax incentives for renewable energy and energy efficiency over the next 10 years.
- $6.3 billion for energy efficiency in multifamily housing that gets federal assistance, such as HUD-sponsored low-income housing and $5 billion to weatherize more than 1 million homes owned by "modest-income" families.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.